Monday 18 July 2011

Waterlog weekend

I (and my brother) had the honor and pleasure to attend this years prestigious Waterlog Midsummer Madness angling weekend. The weekend of angling took place on the Severn at Waterlog Angling Club stretch. We were accommodated at The Grange at Ellesmere, which is also the headquarters of Medlar Press.

To cut the story in short, the people were more than hospitable and the weekend was just about the best midsummer ever. And no MOSQUITOES! Although I was bitten by a dung beetle, no serious harm was made. We had a good weekend with good company, good food and ale & wine. What can you ask more? Well - I asked for some cricket, and we got some. It was about 30 Celsius and sunny, but we Finns wanted to have some batting. Good hosts, didn't let us down.

We did catch some good fish. In total there were 3 barbel caught in the weekend, one by me (6 lbs) and one by my brother (A DOUBLE FIGURE).... I have to admit that the fish were caught on dodgy tackle (carbon rods) and some magic pellets (embraced by the man Martin Bowler himself). I also caught a minnow, a dace and a chub. The photo is of the minnow (looking like a chub)...

A grumpy ol' chub.

No comments:

Post a Comment